[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #107

Group,

If the diesel particulate emission issue can be solved, then diesels and the
new AZEM (sic?) "Almost Zero Emmission Vehicle" gasoline engine technology
should certainly be better alternatives than hybrids and Hydrogen power
sources. The new Ford Focus is said to emit essentially what a lower station
would were it charging the batteries of an electic vehicle. Hello world? why
change existing manufacturing and fuel source technologies when the answer
may be at our fingertips?. It was very strange to see a recent Ford
announcement to license Toyota hybrid technology when they already have AZEM
capability.

How about it, Eric Storhok, is this a good argument?

Alfa content: A new Alfa diesel sounds like a great car.

George Schweikle
Lexington, KY

> Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:25:24 -0400
> From: "Mark Kingsbury" <romanracing@domain.elided>
> Subject: [alfa] RE: In defense of diesel
>
> >C.M. Smith wrote:
> >(snip)
> >Kaup again:
> >I see the pathetic attempts to fix it with hybrids and then I see the
Alfa