RE: Drive by wire, very limited Alfa content...

> Its interesting to read perceptions of automotive electronics.
> Most people seem to be very leery of my industry when it regards
> electronics and safety.
>
> I think that the doubters might be surprised to actually find out
> what our standards are, as they are quite strict.  Some are
> actually industry standards, others are internal requirements.
> But when you add them all up, the standards are very stringent-
> in many ways similar to the aircraft industry.  Not exact, as one
> does not need to land a plane after failures...
<snip>

Eric,

Some companies, like Ford, don't do a lot to raise my confidence.  I look at
all the finger pointing between Ford and Firestone and all I see are two
companies trying to avoid liability, not make things any safer.

Are the electronics any different than the suspension systems?

And I think it would be nice to be able to land a plane after a failure..

bs