pinstripes?

Does anybody know if Alfa ever sold cars in the US with
factory (or dealer) applied pinstripes on them?  Both of my
cars have them, and I'm just curious about whether these
were applied by the P.O.s or are original.  My GTV was
repainted around 1980 (in the original Navy Blue) so the two
thin silver stripes (right along the top of the fender and
just under the windows at the door crease) could have been
added then.  My 164 has a tan pinstripe (matches the
leather) also applied at the corner of the body crease, but
I don't think this car has ever been repainted (though this
one seems to be an adhesive stripe).  I plan to repaint the
GTV sometime in the next year or so, so I would consider
eliminating the pinstripe then if it's not original or at
least a dealer addition.

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'91 164L