First Time Oil Change...2nd try!

My journey on the way to becoming a "shade tree mechanic" is well underway.

Last weekend I flushed and replaced the antifreeze for the first time.
Probably not very exciting for many of you but for me, it was well worth
the 2 hours to figure it out.

Next weekend, its gear box, differential and motor oil change. Any "gotchas"?

I'm looking for Red Line gear oil but may have to accept Castrol 80W90 for
the differential and gear box until I take a trip south to the US. 10W50
engine oil is also impossible to find and 15W50 synthetic is expensive
($5.89CDN per litre). I've been directed to 10W40 ($2.09CDN per litre),
even though I don't drive in the winter.

I did notice that the drain plug on the gear box is always wet. Nothing
seems to be dripping but is there a gasket or another fix for a leak? I'm
also looking for a 12mm allen key for the filler hole, but the local
automotive places seem not to carry one in stock.

Any suggestion for a newbie would be welcome.

Brian Pleet
82 Alfa Spider
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada