Sider Window Stopped in its Tracks ....

Tonight when I tried to put the passenger side window up, I heard a
crunch-scraping sound and the window stopped but the motor continued to
operate.  Yes ....  it stopped mid-way (half open or half closed?)

After looking in the Shop Manual, it does not seem to be terribly complicated
but I have a couple of questions ...

First, could anyone share any tips or things to watch out for when I r&r the
door panel? Not having a panel tool, I do not want to snap any clips, etc.

Second, any guidance as to what I will find and how to get the window back on
its track - despite what the shop manual attempts to explain?

Thanks in advance,

Rob Favali
Burlington VT
93 Spider Veloce