Milano emmissions Q

On the way to work this morning I decided to finally get my Milano
reinspected (after its new water pump, gaskets etc...). Anyhow, it failed
due to not having the front plate affixed, the guy not knowing how to
turn on the high-beams--and NOx. I assume the figures are in ppm (though
there are no units): 1273 allowed, 1581 read. This is in NJ. I take it
new plugs etc won't do much for the NOx, and that its now my turn to call
Discount Converters.... Is that the read from everyone here, or is there
something else to maybe play with? All other readings (HC, O, CO) were fine.

Regards,

Adam

--
Adam S. Doherty