Milano hood latch

Hi Adam!  Long time..     I had problems with my hood latch twice since I
bought it.  It seems the cable slips if you YANK on the handle just a little
too hard.
        Now heres the fix!   To get the hood open without the cable, you have
to remove the grille. This is quite easy. The hardest thing is getting the
Alfa Romeo emblem off. Its mounted it plastic grommets so it will come off.
Just slide it straight out by pulling with your finger tips. But be gentle,
the emblem is plastic. At the top of the recessed area for the emblem is a
screw. Remove it.  Then stick a few fingers from each hand into the slots of
the grille. Slowly and gently pull  the grille striaght forward. ( its a
little tough , but it just unsnaps). Then you have access to the hood latch
cable. Just loosen the clamping screw and pull the cable to the passenger
side while pushing the screw assy. to the driver side.  Tighten the screw,
and test the hood latch. After it is satisfactory, replace the grill. All
that is left is to push the emblem back on. VIOLA!!! All fixed.
        Now the problem with the emmissions is out of my league!!!!     ;-)
  Hope I helped..     Tim Timko