P6 Pirelli tires

My understanding is that the "famous" designations P6 and P7 are being
revived by Pirelli for the replacement for the P6000 and P7000 all season
designs. (Who knows what will happen to the Performance versions of these
tires).

I doubt that the new P6 or P7 will be comparable to the old tires in either
case. The Performance version of the P6000 is a really good tire and
superior in every way to the old P6, or P600 for that matter. The P7000
Performance is even better but does not come in 60 series. The P6000
carcass is reputedly based upon the P7000 but has a more touring type tread
compound.

No doubt Pirelli was daunted by the idea of releasing the P60000 and P70000
and decided to begin again at 6 and 7. Their top performance tire is
already named the PZero.

Cheers

Michael

(happy with my P6000 on the 164 and the P7000 on my 86 SAAB 9000 Turbo,
less happy with the Michelin Pilot MXM HX touring performance tires on my
97 SAAB Aero, pretty hard ride and noisy compared to the Pirellis)
C M Smith
(403) 282 9740
(403)234 7779 (Office)
(403)263 7897 (Fax)