motor mounts

This could be a little brain fade, but if I'm not mistaken motor mounts (esp.
for Spiders) are now available in a new material that is much better than the
rubberoid they used to be made of, and it supposedly lasts longer and is less
subject to compression and deforming on the torque side.

One of the first things I had done to the 91 Spider when we got it about 2
years ago was to have fresh motor mounts installed, and I recall some
discussion of the new v the old, but time will tell.  We all know that the
type originally fitted (at least through the early 90s) were subject to
cracking and flattening over time, but then, aren't we all?

Moral: if I am right and there is a new type and old type, it's worth it to
make sure you're putting in the new before going to all the work/expense of
the job.

If I am wrong -- never mind.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA