FIAT 131 cont.

I feel a bit guilty keeping this somewhat off-topic thread alive, especially
since Richard's I-car list could use the
traffic...

The 131 I leased from Speedy in the UK was a "Supermirafiori", with a 1.6L
engine.  It was plenty fast and
fun to drive, I think Alfa owners who drove one would stop worrying about
Fiat making dull cars.  The car also came
in a 2 litre TC model, possibly the same engine in the TC Ritmo/Strada.  The
latter model of the Strada was never
sold in the US, alas.  I don't know which engine-sizes were available for
the 131 in the US, but I think in general
we never got the fastest of Fiat's models, which could be a reason we Yanks
don't associate Fiat with speed.

OK - now, back to Alfas...:-)

- David R.