Alfas in literature (or trash novels)

In Rick Moody's book "The Ice Storm" there is a scene where married couples attend a suburban "key party."  At these early 70s "key parties" participants would close their eyes and reach for a set of keys, then spend the night with the keys' owner, presumably your neighbors' wife (or huband if you were a woman).  In the novel the first woman to play the game pulls out a set of keys attached to an Alfa Romeo chain, and then goes off with the lucky owner.

In the film version of book, Sigourney Weaver plays one of the suburban housewives.  Subscribers of the Digest might remember her wearing a fur coat & bullwhip, and little else. * Sigh.*  Her husband in the film drives some sort of fake-wood paneled station wagon.  No wonder she's having an affair.

If we use our imagination we can easily imagine Sigourney behind the wheel of a 2600 coupe.  With a fur coat & bullwhip, of course.

Paul cuadra@domain.elided

95 LS 5-speed
97 Moto Guzzi Sport