Re: 86 Spider Quad: runs hot uphill;

    Brad:

    Are you sure of the temperatures? Do you know what  2 notches above
    175 is in a spider ? 212, (ok) 220+ not.  The
    temp warning light is another serious indicator. Coupled with the
    gauge you probably really have an over heating problem.

    My Milano had these same symptoms. Turned out to need a new
    radiator. Flushing didn't fix it but replacing the radiator did.
    Radiator shop said rad. was 2/3 clogged After replacing the radiator
    it never overheated again

    Best Wishes,
    Bernie Bennett
    Brenham, TX.