From: Karl Robrock [mailto:robrock@domain.elided]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 9:57 AM
To: Glenn Wasserman
Cc: Alfa Digest
Subject: water pump

Glenn,

Did your water pump blow? If it did, there is a weep hole just behind
the pulley on the bottoms side of the housing that drains all the
coolant if the water pump fails. This will cause your engine to
overheat, smell coolant and create excessive pressure in your coolant
system. This will also happen if you are REALLY low on coolant. A blown
water pump is a fast way to drain a lot of coolant. Mine went out on my
L a month or so ago. On a 12V it's no big deal. 24V engines are a whole
different story. Ask me why I just bought a Q.

later,

Karl
'91 164L
'95 164Q (coming soon)