Re: Michael on 911's

    While I agree with much of what an exercised CM Smith has to say about
911's, any reasonable person would have to disagree that Porsche can't build
good racing cars.  They've totally dominated sports car racing in various
venues on and off for years, esp endurance races like Lemans, not to mention
Can Am.  F1 however takes a lot of money these days, but I think that they'd
be right up there with Ferrari if they had the money and motivation to do
so.
    I esp agree tho that they should've went mid engine years ago.
Everybody loves the neutral handling of the Boxter but diehard
Porschephiles.  Would be interesting to see what Alfa could come up with in
a comparable mid engine machine!   Cheers, Ron (celebrating automotive
diversity for 30 years).