More 105 Brakes

My brake problems must be a virus because now's its gone and attacked my
Spider. Went to it back out of the garage the other day and the brakkes
went straight to the floor. Turns out the reservoir was empty and
further inpection showed that the rubber hoses from the reservoir had
turned into a gloopy mess. The PO or Alfa had used braided fuel hose,
which I suppose wasn't too bad since it lasted at least the 6 years that
I've owned the car. A local parts guy sold me some auto transmision hose
(high pressure + hydarulic fluid), but since I don't want to repeat this
in the near future I thought I'd check with the great minds of the
digest.

Mitch Wolberg,
Denver, CO
69 Spider Jr.
69 Berlina - new front brake hoses didn't solve the locking brakes but
I've got some ideas