GTV6 vs 911

The original posting asked the question "should I get my wife the GTV6
or a 911."  There have been many message about the pros and cons of
either car.  Many people have commented on how easy it is to loop a
911.  I personally have never driven one but have witnesses many people
loop them,  the latest being a Porsche tunner testing one of his
customers cars, he flipped it on the Middlefield off ramp on Highway 101
N, in Mountain View California.  This was a brand new $100K+ car.  I
though it was a beatle when looking at it upside down.

If it were up to me and I was setting up a car for my wife to drive I
would purchase a GTV-6, Install a 3.0 liter motor, have the interior
redone in leather, Install some 16 x 7 Rims with 50 series tires, Lower
the supension slightly and stiffen it.  Lighten the transmission gears
and give it a good paint job.

With the upgrades this car would look as good as anything on the road
and be enjoyable and safe to drive.  All of this could be done for the
price of an engine rebuild in a 911.

The 911 may be a great car but If we are going to do comparisions you
must factor in value.

Glenn