Re: alfa-digest V8 #191

Once inside our borders this all may work well, but the biggest problem is
getting the vehicle through customs where it is checked for DOT and EPA
requirements.  The vehicle is impounded at the port of entry until all the
legal paperwork is done.  If the car does not pass DOT/EPA the owner has two
options, ship the car back out of the country or send it to the crusher.  I
do know of a real Italian Alfetta that was imported for personal use by an
engineer from the Italian Space Agency working at NASA Johnson Space Center
in Houston.  When he returned to Europe he sold the car (no longer running)
to one of our local Alfisti.  It already had a Texas registration so the sale
went through like any other.  This may be how those cars, like the Clio, show
up from time to time.

Jerry in Houston