Re: alfa-digest V8 #206, 105 window adjustment

In a message dated 11/5/2001 9:23:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Subject: 105 window adjustment
>
> Recently the cable on the window winder of my 105 GT Junior came off the
> winding mechanism. This in turn stopped me from winding the window up and
> down. I reinstalled the cable on the rollers etc but now I can't get the
> window to wind right down so that it is level with the top of the door.
> There is about 50mm of widow still protruding out of the door. I have tried
>
> everything to fix the problem so is there anyone out there who can help me
> with this problem?
> Thanks,
> Bert
> Australia
> 1971 GT Junior 1300
> 1970 MGB Roadster

       There should be two clamps on the bottom of the window frame that
clamp the cable to the frame.  You can loosen these and position the window
anywhere you want in relation to the cable.  There are also stops at the top
and bottom that limit the upper and lower travel postion of the window.
Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va.