new spider quad questions

I just acquired an '89 Spider Quad.  It's in decent
shape, but has a bunch of stuff I need to take care
of.  I had a nearly perfect '91 Spider a few years ago
and have owned several other alfa's so I'm not new to
the marque.  Here are my initial questions.

1.) The interior in my quad is red carpet and grey
leather seats.  Was this a differentiating factor of
the quad ?  I've seen photos of several other quads
which sport this same interior combination.  I plan on
re-doing the carpet and if all quads have red, I'll
stick with Red.

2.) I've heard that the front frame rails on a spider
can crack under hard usage where the a-arms attach.
What would the symptoms be?  Could someone detail
where I should look for damage?  If it's bad, I'd like
to get it fixed.

3.) The car doesn't rev as freely as my '91 (also
motronic ) spider, or as freely as it should.  Any
ideas what might be causing this ?  It passed smog
with flying colors, so I don't think it's a plugged
cat or anything.  You can't do much with the timing on
a motronic car.  Am I overlooking something here ?

4.) I have an exhaust manifold from a 71-74 exhaust
2.0 litre.  If I want to improve my exhaust flow
(hopefully making it easier revving,) am I better off
with this manifold, or should I use headers.  Pro's
and Con's appreciated.  I understand this is a pretty
decent manifold.

5.) The car has some vibration (engine) and the engine
rocks back and forth when you operate the throttle.
I'd assume it needs motor mounts, but they look like
they are in decent shape.  Is there anything else that
could be causing vibration ?  Perhaps the same problem
restricting the engine revs ?

Thanks !!!

Steve Hoffins

'89 Alfa Spider Quad