Milano Verde Springs & Engine Stands

Hello All,

I'm looking for suggestions/prior experiences as to which springs are best
for the rear end of my '88 Verde?  A year ago I ordered the Milano Verde
'88 on 'Sport' springs from Ricambi and instead received their universal
'Sport' replacement springs (AL4710 - spec'd for Milano 2.5 up to '87 and
Alfetta) which will work on all transaxle Alfas but vary in stiffness and
height dependent on the model (body weight) that they are installed in.  If
I use the springs sent to me, the rear of the Verde will lower by 2" and
the stiffness will be increased by 33%.  While the stiffness sounds OK,
lowering by 2" is not acceptable.  I was hoping for the 1" - 1.5" lowering
as advertised in their monthly ad in the Alfa Owner with the 'Sport'
springs specifically for the '88 on models.

By the way, it sounds like they only stock the AL4710 in the 'Sport' stiffness.

My goal with using the 'Sport' springs was to replace the sagging/soft
original springs, lower the car 1"-1.5", and have a little bit stiffer rear
end for the Verde.  I was not going to do anything with the front torsion
bars.  The only other change would be to add Koni 'Yellow' shocks on all 4
wheels.

Any ideas/suggestions as to which springs I should use for the rear of the
Verde - this is an everyday driver and I want to keep it somewhat
comfortable?  Is it unrealistic to think that I can change the rear springs
only and not mess with the front torsion bars?

Regarding engine stands, I had one made that is very similar to the Alfa
engine stands that use the motor mount studs as mount points and can rotate
the block assy..  If anyone wants detailed digital pics - let me know.

TIA
Frank

74 GTV, 81 GTV6, 88 Verde
Houston, TX