Fitting engine into Alfetta GT

Hey folks, I'm nearing the big moment:  will be dropping the motor into
the Alfetta here real soon, hopefully this weekend.  I'm wondering if I
should have the driveshaft in place prior (it's currently out of the
car) or would it be easier to install the motor then put the driveshaft
in place?  Also, does anyone have Alfetta GT downpipes for the euro
exhaust manifolds?

Thx,
Zach
Redmond, WA