Stebro Experience

I'm sorry to hear the Stebro bad press.  I've purchased two 105 tailpipes
from them with Dan as the voice on the phone.  I had no problems with
charging, delivery, or packaging.

While finalizing my decision to put a Stebro tailpipe on my GTV, I noticed
the first unit I had on a Berlina had developed a very fine crack - not
leaking - on the backside of the muffler at the welded joint of the exiting
pipe.   I sent Stebro an email asking the implications of the crack and
Stebro's Lifetime warranty.  Dan responded that I should get the crack TIG
welded and to send him the welder's invoice for the repair.  The weld cost
20 bucks, I sent the invoice, and this was applied to the purchase of the
second tailpipe.

When I had the first unit off (after 10,000 miles/ 18 months) for the weld
it looked brand new.  The welder commented on the good quality of
workmanship and materials.  And they do sound absolutely great.   Finally,
in the applications I have, the exhaust tip is not upswept (like the Ansa)
but extend horizontal to the ground.  This design significantly reduces the
amount of exhaust fumes sucked back into the cabin (on the GTV) and soot on
the rear valence between the taillights (Berlina).

//kct, Powell TN