digest contributions

i would be glad to contribute to a paypal account to help keep the digest up
and running.  i'm pretty sure richard has to set that up (which is easy)
but i think we're missing the forest for the trees...

the reason the digest is in danger is because richard's in danger or losing
his job, or already has.  a couple hudred bucks to keep the digest up and
running is great, but more importantly richard needs work to pay the bills,
feed the family (including the alfa's of course!) and put a roof over his
head.  much more important items than the digest in the grand scheme of
life.

i've been through an exhausting job search recently, and personal contacts
are the only way to go these days.  so if you know of potential consulting
gigs or jobs for richard send them to him, with a contact name and number
ideally.  in the meantime another digest fundraiser will help a bit.

good luck richard, we're all pulling for you, and anyone else out of work
these days.

cheers,
ian "overeducated and underpaid, but keeeping the alfa's dammit" lomax

<snip>

i'm looking for consulting work in my areas of speciality (Unix, Linux,
internet servers, network engineering, vpns, firewalls, security, software
development, database development).  will travel on a T&M basis to some
degree.  more info at http://www.averillpark.net/; resume at
http://www.averillpark.net/rwelty-resume.html