Re: alfa-digest V8 #309 - Cam timing

Joe,
       I apologize and I am sending this to Alfa Digest to do so publicly.
The Alfa Bible on page 238 does indicate that your poem would be the correct
settings for a 74 2000 engine.  There are further recommendations going as
far as five notches of adjustment for the intake and five for the exhaust of
an Alfetta.  The recommendations vary by model and I am not going to detail
the complete table here.  If the reader does not have Pat Braden's Alfa
Bible, they need to buy one.
       Joe Benson, as quoted in the Alfa Bible, must have adjusted his
recommendations.  I set the cams on the 75 Alfetta I bought new based upon
what Joe suggested in Alfa Owner about the time the car was new.  I have been
using those same 1 notch intake, 5 exhaust, settings for more than 20 years.
I intend to try moving the intake cam more than I have in the past.
Ciao,
Russ