164 Rear trunk latch failure

Has anyone else had this part fail?  It was a gradual failure on my car,
first occurring over 6 months ago, when the trunk would spring open when
I wasn't looking, and then proceed to drain the battery due to the light
being on.  Over the holiday, the problem suddenly got worse, and the
latch would not stay in the closed position.  With the trunk open, if I
try to manually slide it to the locked position, it won't stay there.
Probably related to all this is the fact that I had to increasingly slam
the trunk closed to get it to latch prior to the failure.

Any way, I presume I just need to replace the assembly, which I also
presume is a pretty straight-forward job, not requiring new keys or
anything stupid like that.  Anyone care to correct my presumptions?

Thanks,

Brad