Re: What to do with TRX wheels from GTV6?

Russ Neely wrote:

>> ...I have seen a pretty neat coffee table built from bent race car rims.

Some years ago at a Kansas City AROC I got a set of book ends made from a
slightly
bent turbina wheel. To make the book ends the wheel was sawed into quarters
and then
two oak boards were attached to the flat sides of each quarter (1 wheel = 4
book ends).
They looked really neat and held the largest books securely. Only problem
was the size
of the book ends -- even without holding any books, they took up about two
feet of
bookshelf space!

After onwing them for about six months, I recycled the bookends at a St
Louis AROC
Christmas party gift exchange. From the expression on the face of the man
that got them,
I could tell he really liked them. His wife, OTOH, was not at all pleased to
see them.

Rich Hirsch
St Louis MO