weird GTV6 behavior du jour

This morning I moved my car from outside into the garage to tinker
with some things before I went to work.  When I pulled it into the
garage and opened the hood I noticed that there was some coolant on
the timing belt.  Further inspection made it evident that there was
coolant in the V of the engine, and a fair amount of it.  There were
no obvious leaks.  The water pump was new 14mos/11,000mi ago.  ALL
the hoses were new 7mos/4,000mi ago.  What's going on here?  I just
got home and opened the hood and noticed that all the coolant that
was there this morning is gone, there doesn't seem to be anything
leaking, and I haven't lost enough coolant to make the coolant level
noticably lower than it usually is when the car is hot.  What's going
on here?

As for yesterday's bet between Jorge and Brian--well, wagering on
intermittent problems is kind of hard to call, but I cleaned the
connections on the front of the engine a couple days ago, and the
problem occurred again; I cleaned the AFM connection and the injector
grounds, and so far so good.  I also found my extra AFM so I can
switch that out if it happens again.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6