War of 1812, little Alfa content

Since when did the US lose the war of 1812?  Is this more revisionist
history like our mean old ships getting in the way of the poor Japanese
bombs and torpedoes at Pearl Harbor?

Now the British may not want to admit they lost.  I recall a trip to
St.Paul's in London (same trip that I got my first ride in a 164 at
Ramponi's in Lancaster Gate) and seeing the monument to Gen. Packenham, the
heroic leader at the Battle of New Orleans...he lost about 1500 men to our
15 or 30.  It all depends on which end of the scope you look through.

Mike in Houston