re: proper attire

>A shower cap?  Ugh.  Have you tried that in the summer?  I'd fill mine
>from sweat if I didn't break out in a rash from the elastic band first.
>
>I think a much better choice would be a do-rag like a lot of the NFL
>players are wearing, or maybe a bandana, or perhaps a mechanics
>yarmulke.   I tend to wear a baseball cap if I remember.  If not brake
>fluid gives my hair a lot of body (remember DOT 3 or 4, not 5)
>
>As for gloves, I'm a recent convert to the Mechanix (or Mechanics?)
>brand of gloves, now availible in most auto parts stores.   Good fit,
>keeps my knuckles a bit safer.   If I'm working with solvents, then I
>break out the Nitrile rubber gloves or the latex ones (cheaper than
>nitrile, but not as durable.)
>
>I'm also happy with Carhart mechanic's pants and shirts.   The heavy
>twill blue ones...   Definately more comfortable when laying around on a
>cement floor than with old jeans and a t-shirt.   Plus, long sleeves are
>  a must when you're working with the angle grinder as much as I've been
recently.

Geez, I skip a week or two of digests and come back to learn that I've been dressing all wrong! Crud.

As far as the hat goes how about one of those brit do-rags with the four knots in the corners. What's that all about? And how does one make one. My mechanical adventures under the car seem like a Monty Python skit anyway... may as well dress the part.

--
Michael Williams
Sacramento, CA, USA

69 Duetto