Re: Redline Gear Oil: NS or not ??

Sorry Joe, but yes Nizam is correct. 75-90 and 75/90NS are both GL5 oils
suitable for hypoid gears but the NS has no slip additive as required by
LSD clutches.  Therefore the NS product it is not Redline's recommended
oil for LSDs and the bottle does read appropriately as he described.
(NS is however, in my experience, the correct choice for a non-LSD
transaxle).

The problem is that the same slip additive which reduces LSD chatter in
the regular 75-90 can cause slower synchro engagement in the gear box.
Judging from the final line of your note that might be your issue.

The following URL from Redlines's additive page may better describe the
approach of blending minimal additive that I recommended to Nizam in my
WITHOUT the LSD additive.

http://www.redlineoil.com/redlineoil/lsdfmbti.htm

Gerry Lehmann
'86 GTV6 - soon to need a slip additive