Re: Milano Starter

--- Kevin Smith <kevin.smith12@domain.elided>
wrote:

> I ran a jumper with a switch in the middle from the
> positive on the battery to
> the junction box on the firewall that has the red
> starter cable.  Nothing!
> Is there any other sure fire (Pun intended) way to
> confirm the starter as the
> problem before I start pulling it off?

Yes -- jumper directly from the battery to the starter
input terminal itself, just in case there's something
wrong in the jumper connection you mention.  I once
replaced a starter under conditions you describe and
then the new one wouldn't work either -- turned out
the cable from battery to starter had corroded
internally to the point where it wouldn't run a high
current load.

You might also check that all ground straps are clean
and tight.  An open or extremely dirty ground can
cause the same problems you're experiencing now,
because there's still no complete circuit between the
starter and the battery.

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon
http://auctions.yahoo.com