Re:2000 GTV rear quarter window trim question

"I recently got a replacement weatherstripping for the drivers side rear
quarter vent window on my GTV, and I'm trying to figure out how to install
it.  It's not immediately obvious to me how the chrome trim around the
window is held in place."

Dean,

The trim around the rear side windows is composed of 3 pieces.  There is the
vertical B post piece, the flat horizontal base piece, and the rain gutter
piece that goes from the bottom rear of the back window up over the roof and
ending at the base of the front roof pillar.  If I remember correctly, the
order that I have listed them is also the order in which they are installed.
The weatherstripping has a side profile like a capitol Q, with the round
portion pressing against the glass and the flat portion guiding water to the
screw holes in the metal to get the rust started.  The flat piece sits
underneath the stainless steel trim.  I've tried to describe it below in
ASCII that undoubtedly will lose its formatting in the AD server.  The red
piece is the stainless trim and the black bolded piece is the grossly
exaggerated representation of the trim.

(_)
|======
---

Check the alignment of your pieces to make sure I haven't told you wrong.
You will want to remove the screws that go through the trim and into the
rubber.  This may allow you to pull the old weatherstripping out and slide
the new weatherstripping into place, but I've never tried this.  When I
replaced my rubber back there, the car was disassembled for painting.  If
this is really unclear or you have other questions, feel free to mail me
directly.

Cheers,
Lawrence
'71 GTV