From: Paul J Weimer <pjweimer@domain.elided>
To: <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Subject: 84 Spider Brake line adapter sizes

...During the process of replacing the rear brake calipers, the line to the
driver's side snapped....

Caliper end; double flared with what looks like 10 x 1.0 mounting adapter.
The new  line mounted fine here.  Block end ...was single flared and
appeared to be maybe a 9 x 1.0 adapter.  It was slightly smaller in diameter
compared to the old end from the caliper.  Of course the NAPA brake line has
10 x 1.0 adapters on both ends.

 Question:  double flare at the calipers, single flare at the other mounting
locations - standard setup, or was the splitter block possibly changed,
introducing the single flare points?

 I am hoping someone can tell me (if what I have is standard setup) what
size adapter is needed at the splitter block, single or
double flare and, if I need to change to single flare at this point, is the
size needed hard to find.  I must wait until Monday to search for correct
adapter, hope to have enough line length to cut off the flare, re-flare and
still reach the block.