Re: Question about smog testing in San Rafael, CA

Perhaps things are different in the South bay but in Marin even a simple
change of ownership requires a smog check for 1974 and later cars.  The
biyearly smog check is then scheduled from the date of ownership transfer
unless registered in a non-smog county. (Lake, Alpine, etc)
If the practice is different in other parts of the state I would love to hear
of an example since I am in the midst of a dispute with DMV regarding a 1974
car which has been used as a race car for a number of years and is now
subject to smog inspection for re-registration as a street car even thoughit
will not be registered in the bay area and has been in my possession and
ownership since the early eighties.

  RS