Ignition System

> Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:14:41 -0800 (PST)
> From: Marcus Miller <msmiller_spiritone@domain.elided>
> Subject: RML Ignition systems......worth it?
>
> Alfisti-
>
> Recently had a vacuum sensor go out on my '87 Spider.
> Replacement cost=$300.  So instead, due to the
> recommendations of some of you, I opted to purchase an
> RML ignition system $350.
>
> For those that have installed the RML kit....did
> anyone truely see any added HP or performance?  Just
> curious.
>
> Marcus
> - -87 Spider Grad

(snip)
>       Are you talking about the vacuum sensor that bolts high on the
passenger side behind the seat?  It connects to the engine with a long
clear
plastic tube?  If so, they should be readily available at junk yards.
Or
write to people who appear to be parting out an L Jetronic spider to see
if
they have that.  It is such an inconsequential appearing part, that they
do
not seem to show up on eBay.
       I have considered installing a normal distributor on my 84 spider
race
car.  The purpose is to be able to adjust total ignition advance and to
get a
quicker advance curve.  Set up correctly, it should wake up the
performance
slightly.

Hit me off Digest, I just pulled the L-jet from my 88 Spider and I
should have the parts you need in my spare parts box.

Kelly