Re: euro vs. US versions of 115 series cars/115 performance mods

  Chris Sweetapple <Highwood@domain.elided>

Message text written by INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided
 >> I would like to add that euro versions of the 115 series cars came with
10.4 compression pistons vs. 9.0 pistons in the US versions.<<

Chris Sweetapple <Highwood@domain.elided> replied:

"I don't think this is true. As far as I know, the only model with a 10.4:1
compression ratio as standard was the 2000A Berlina, the one with automatic
transmission."

Chris is correct. There is often some confusion because 1750s came with 10+
cr whereas 2000s were lower.
and .. A huge public thank you to Chris for helping with our racing effort
when the English supplier of Hewland gear ratios was not set up to take our
credit cards. Chris paid for the ratios then simply passed on the charges.

(non-Alfa content)
For those who have followed our progress in the National Championship
Series  We finally got the engine running right after a string of DNFs
(engine, people running into our car) and we are now 2nd for Rookie of the
Year and have some prize money and a trophy...!!! yea! One valuable lesson
I have learnt: when buying a race car always buy it as it comes off the
track as soon as it comes off the track. Faults I have fixed to date : head
too thin so bolts bottoming out before sealing the head gasket, carb faults
- passages not blocked off, etc etc, shocks switched for faulty ones... get
the picture? Car is a Van Diemen RF92. BTW two of the competitors were A.J.
Allmendinger (Calif.) and Bryan Sellers (Dayton, Ohio). AJ had some pole
positions and Bryan won a race or 2. Other internationals - Mark Haswell
(UK) had some horrendous accidents and ran out of money, and 3 Malaysian
drivers who also had their moments

Les
The Green GTV