ANOTHER ALFA

Alfisti,

It's been a pretty great Alfa week for me this week!  Allow me to share:

Last night, with the help of an Alfisti friend, I picked up the latest
addition to my Alfa fleet.  This one is a $200 '88 Milano Silver with a
non-working engine and 99,000 Miles.  No dents, good red paint, just a wee
bit of rust on both rear wheel arches and a nice interior. All in all, I
think I got a good deal.  Although now I have to find out what exactly is
wrong with the engine, and then either fix it, drop in a new engine, or
decide if she becomes a parts car.

This afternoon, another Alfisti friend put my Alfetta on a trailer and will
head out to Roebling Roads this weekend for a fun time (I can't make it, but
my car will!).  Our Hampton Roads 'Crew-Chief' put two new rotors on up
front, rebuilt the right rear caliper and installed some nice metallic pads
all around, while the local muffler man (Mitch's Brake and Mufflers)
installed a new low restriction exhaust system on her yesterday.  She sounds
and looks mean...and she runs really strong!  I hope 'Putz' has a blast.

Last weekend I installed my newly bead-blasted and painted BWA wheels on my
Roundtail.  They really look great!  I still have the original left-hand
threads on the left, and right-hand threads on the right studs, and have had
some trouble locating reasonably priced lug nuts.  So, off to the local
Auto-Zone I went...where I found 16 28mm frost plugs.  Using a little
double-sided tape, I covered the original open-ended lug nuts with the frost
plugs and they look very smart!  Of course, I will have to pop them off to
change tires, etc...but that won't be too hard.

Next step?  Pick up the 'Verde' I am negotiating for, change the timing belt
(and other related stuff) in my wife's '87 Milano Gold, and order and
install the new top for my Roundtail.

My driveway is now officially full.  Anybody 'looking for another'?

Cheers,
Alex Csank
Norfolk, VA
'69 Spider 1300 jr. (for sale)
'78 Alfetta Sprint Veloce (Track Car - also for sale)
'87 Milano Gold (Wife's Car)
'88 Milano Silver (New Project)
'87 Milano Verde (not mine yet...but soon!)
'98 VW Jetta TDi (think I need to trade her for a truck!)