Verde Wheels

O.K. here we go:

1.  There aren't too many hubcentric wheels out there for the Milano/GTV6.  Many have the correct bolt pattern and an acceptable offset, but the hole for the hub is for the 164.  You'll mostly have to either have a machine shop open it up a few mm (which is what I did) or get the proper spacers for them, but with spacers you may have to change to longer studs.

2.  I've got the 16" 156 sport wheels (5 big holes) on my Verde with 205/45/16's for tires.  They're O.K., but not great.  I wish the offset was different where the wheels are more pushed out to give it a more aggresive look.  I am upgrading to 215/40/16 soon.  The 205's are just not wide enough on 6.5 rims.

3.  Always keep like 34 psi in the tires if you don't want to bent them!  I'm in hole city (NJ/NYC) and fine that anything under 34 psi's and I'll be shopping for new wheels.

4.  I had the rear lowering sport springs in, but everytime I put someone (just one person) the exhaust hits every dip or bump on the road.  The wheels never rubbed.

5.  The formula to calculate the rolling ratio is:
tire width (195, 205) x tire height ratio (50's,55's) divided by 2340 + the rim diameter (15,16)

6.  Of course there advantages and disadvantages.  Like the car looks soooo good with bigger wheels, I find it handles better with bigger "shoes".  The disadvantages are poleholes, hard to find tire sizes, tiny bit more road noise (depending on the tire), more expensive tires, and hard to find hubcentric wheels.

If anyone wants to see what the 156 sport wheels look like on a Milano I can email them pics or if were at the TN convention and have a great memory, mine was the black one with the 5 big "holes" in the wheel.

Alan
88 Milano 3.0