Re: Ferodo Brake Pads

Paul Begemann wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Ferodo compound pads sold
> by Vick Auto Sports - they state that they are designed for auotocross,
> spirited street driving or just regular driving.  My main concern since most
> of the use I give the car is normal use is warm up time - I do not want a
> pad that needs to be warmed up to be effective.  Experiences???

The answer would depend on which Ferodo pad?
http://www.ferodo.co.uk/motorsports.html

I've used DS3000 on a vehical that has seen minimal street use - mainly to get
it to track or workshop. I didn't give myself any nasty scares from cold pads.
I've also used them for hillclimbs where there is a considerable cool down
period between runs - again, no problems, although DS2000 might have been
better suited to the event. If it's the DS2000 they are selling, I would expect
they would be fine for the street.

Best Regards
Lex Jenner