re: filling rear axle (was filling transmission)

Y'know, for about $5, you can buy a hand-operated pump that's designed
specifically to pump oil out of a bottle of gear oil into a transmission
or final drive that's higher than the bottle.  Seems much nicer than
drilling holes in the car, and works on all cars.  Available at just about
any cheap, universal parts store.

james montebello