RE: Spider "map pockets" in doors

The map pocket is hinged at the bottom and there is an "L" shaped stop
mounted above the pocket, on the inside of the door panel.  That stop is
supposed to catch the back of the top of the pocket and keep it from going
too far into the door.  On my driver's side door, the pocket had been pushed
past that stop, which then was inside the pocket and would catch the back of
the pocket and prevent it from opening!  When I took the panel off to adjust
the window, I got the pocket back in the right place and tightened the stop.
I also added some weather stripping to the stop to make it harder for the
pocket to go too far into the door. If the pocket just flaps, the stop has
probably broken or been removed.

John Dohrmann
'86 Spider Quad