Bad day of alfa sightings

Two Alfa sightings today, within a mile of each other.

Green spider parked on the side of I-580 in Oakland, with body damage to left
rear.

A mile later I slowed to let the (description omitted to protect the guilty)
spider signaling "left" in front of me, but I fear the signal was a clever
ruse to confuse SUV driver's, and not the more mundane indication of a
desired lane change, as it continued on blissfully blinking.  (What IS that
clicking noise?)

Mitch Fisher
'74 spider with non-cancelling turn signals
Dublin, CA