Re: alfa-digest V8 #597

--- Matt Curcio <curcio@domain.elided> wrote:
> Alan,
>     I have put the wheels from an audi GT (mid 80's
> I think)

Careful -- the Audi Coupe GT changed its bolt pattern
in, I think, 1985.  My '83 Audi rain-beater (gets a
lot of use in Portland, Oregon!) takes a 4 x 100
wheel.  The final 87.5 Coupes take a 4 x 108.
Somewhere in between lies the waste of good money at
the junkyard. :-)

Fortunately, the 4 x 108 with 45mm backspacing is
common to the later Audi 4000 Quattros (I think from
'85 up), the 1990-91 Coupe Quattro, and pretty much
all the "small-chassis" Audis before the current A4.
The CQ in particular came with an attractive six-spoke
15" wheel that I sometimes think would make a nice
track rim for one of the Alfas.

(But that's getting ahead of myself...:-)

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon
.
http://movies.yahoo.com/