Question about batteries and spiders

I just replaced the battery on my 74 spider. The battery that I removed,
along with the battery that I put into the car, were the same height and
both had top posts.

It appears there is very little clearance between the top post and the
hood when the hood is closed. Since the auto parts store was out of the
rubber battery terminal covers I fabricated a cover for my own piece of
mind.

Am I being overly paranoid and this is not normally a problem? Or should I
find a side post battery? Or is there a specific battery that is low
enough it should not be a problem? The battery doesn't touch the hood and
is secured in place.

Thanks
Greg