Wheel spacer wanted

In a message dated 04/05/2002 7:29:04 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 22:40:09 -0800
> From: "valdanilov" <valdanilov@domain.elided>
> Subject: Wheel spacer wanted
>
> For 108mm x4 circle. What have you got? Thanks,
>
> Val

       Generic wheel spacers are available at many auto parts stores, but
more often at hot rod shops.  They have many holes to fit many vehicles.
       Alfa specific wheel spacers are available from the usual sources.
Jack Beck http://www.orionmotorsports.com/ has them in a couple of different
thickness.
       I made my own from aluminum plate, but mine are 3/4 inches thick.
These are on my race car with much longer 1/2 inch lug bolts (Moroso #46200).

       Make sure you still have adequate contact between the lug nut and its
bolt.  For any thickness of bolt, I like at least that much contact from the
nut.  That is, for a 12 mm lug stud, the nut should screw on at least 12 mm.
       On my 82 spider with the thick Campagnolo Daytona style wheel, no
spacer would work as the stock attachment is marginal.  There are longer,
stronger aftermarket lug bolts available, but they may require modification
to the inside of the front rotors to work.  The lugs from the Bosch spiders
may be longer than earlier Alfas, but I am not positive about that.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City