Re: GTV Flasher unit

If your flasher is operating the outside turn signal lights, the problem
may just be a nonfunctional bulb in the instrument cluster.  And that non
functional bulb may be the result of poor contact between the bulb and its
little twist-in-the-back-of-the-circuit-board holder, or the holder and its
contact on the circuit board.  Pretty easy to diagnose: disconnect the
battery, remove the two screws on either side of the instrument cluster,
gently wriggle the cluster out of the dash toward the steering wheel (helps
to push on the tach and speedo cables from the engine bay), and you should
have access to the back of the cluster.  You can test the bulb in the
holder by applying electricity to the copper tangs, if bulb does not come
on, remove it and pull out they tiny wires from the glass to make better
contact with the holder's clips.  If the bulb then works, reinstall the
holder and twist it a few times to scrape a good contact with the circuit
board.    //kct, Powell, TN