Re: 164 power seat switch: UPDATE

Kramer writes:

>Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:58:43 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Kramer <maxchiming@domain.elided>
>Subject: 164 power seat switch: UPDATE
>
>Thanks to everyone for their input regarding failed power seat
>switches.
>
>Some of you suggested that the contacts may just be corroded: this was
>not the problem.
>
>Some of you suggested the switches are interchangeable.  This is true!
>I was able to return both seats to the positions I wanted by changing
>the switches.
>
>However, my passenger seat is still set all the way in the UP position,
>so whoever sits there has their head hit the roof.  Since changing
>switches did not fix this, I am assuming the switches are fine, but the
>seat is broken.
>
>My question is this: is there a manual way to get the power seat to go
>DOWN?  I can live with that adjustment being broken, but I'd like to at
>least move it down so it's comfortable.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>Ross - 1991 164

Ross-  have you tried the old hammer tap on the motor trick yet?  These
stupid motors have a decided tendency to stick at both ends of their travel
and sometimes putting power to the offending one and tapping it will start
them spinning again.  Of course you need  a good switch or some way of trying
to make it go in the right direction with 12 volts on it.  Worked on my
fore/aft motor -

Also glad you found out that all the switches are the same except for the
logo on them, as far as I know.

John Maclay
'64 2600 Spider
'91 164 L