Spider transmission rebuild

When I asked the digest a couple of weeks ago about a bearing growl that
seemed to come from my transmission I got a few responses indicating a bad
bearing and a possible transmission rebuild.  I was feeling adventurous and
a little worried about impending failures and set out to remove the
transmission and have a look.  The driveshaft is in dire need of a rebuild.
The universals are binding in spots and the center bearing has play in every
direction and is very noisy to boot.  So a driveshaft rebuild should help
greatly.  And will allow a new rear pinion seal to survive and keep my rear
a little cleaner.
The transmission bearings seem fine on inspection but the gears wobble
noticeably on the mainshaft.  Can anyone give me advice on replacing the
bushings in the gears.  Do I need to take them to a machine shop to have
them reamed to size after they are pressed in?  Any tips on rebuilding the
transmission would also be helpful.

Jason Ritchie
74 Spider
Boise, Idaho