Engine recycling

hello,

I have some old car parts that I believe "could" be recycled rather than going
to the dump.

Do junkyards normally buy engine parts  OR will they accept trades?

Does APE take axles or trade ins ??

I have a complete Mercedes 300SD engine (bad head)and trans(no shift) and an 84
Spider rear axle (bad pinion).

I could use the space so I can rebuild my Spider without tripping over stuff.

Darryl
San Francisco
84 Spider
http://health.yahoo.com