RE: moaning about F1 farce

Can we please get back to Alfas?

All this displaced moaning about Ferrari's tactics is starting to stretch
the topic stretchability too far. Especially as I don't agree. ;-)

Suffice to say that everybody moaning about it has no idea what modern F1 is
about. We will never see the grands prix of the 50s, 60s or even 80s. That's
old and gone. Enjoy what it was and rejoice in what F1 is today: fabulous
technology, superlative chess-playing and ridiculous amounts of money. And
BTW, taking all into account, Shumacher IS the finest F1 pilot we have ever
seen. I preferred Senna but Shumacher is better at modern F1. If you want
sport, watch CART, NASCAR etc. F1 ceased to be sport, in the traditional
sense of the word, many years ago (probably nicely coinciding with
Ecclestone's, Mosley's and Williams entry into the sport). Walkinshaw won't
have helped much in that regard. The real interest lies far from the race
day circuit in the labs, development workshops, testing and law courts.
Already, qualifying far outshines the race as far as excitement goes.

I love Formula 1 but it is not for the televised races. Not by a long shot.

That's all from me but this does a pretty good job of summing up what kind
of rant I could continue on: http://www.grandprix.com/cr/crracereport.html

Nick Koleszar   koleszar@domain.elided
outgoing mail scanned for viruses by Norton.
1971 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2.0
1990 Alfa Romeo 75 3.0 QV
1993 Mini
1990-ish Rotax 125cc/Gbox kart